Thursday, August 27, 2009

Under Construction









This cake was made to coordinate with the construction party ware above. I really liked how it turned out. I found these invitations from Lil' Duck Duck that also went well with this theme. There are so many cute ideas that can be used to go along with a construction themed party. These pictures are from Family Fun magazine, which always has the greatest ideas. If you have kids or work with kids, it is a great resource to have! Kids would have a ball painting and designing a cardboard house and the nail apron is a great party favor. My son also had a construction themed party when he turned three. I used similar ideas. I decorated with caution tape. The party favor was a construction hat and a Lowe's apron filled with different treats(play tools, stickers,etc). I used a toy dump truck to serve chips. Also for the cake, I think it's cute to fix an oreo dirt cake recipe and serve it out of a dump truck. This is budget friendly and kids love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment