Monday, February 22, 2010

Ben's 6th Birthday Basketball Bash

Ben celebrated his 6th birthday with a jammin basketball party. Most sports parties around here tend to go toward an orange theme and orange is a nice color. Daddy is a UNC fan, so after some consideration I thought that Carolina blue just might be a neat color scheme.

Here is my boy in his birthday jersey. The invitation made by the creative Renee at Baby Face Design.The big shorts, big shoe relay. I really mean big shoes. Size 21 to be exact.The pants seemed to always end up on the ground.Funny pictures to send in thank you notes.A little hoop action.The pinata. Tip: don't fill with breakable suckers. It will turn into candy dust after this crew.Birthday banner made with scrapbook paper.
Big brother found this ball in the store and insisted we get it for little man's party.
We decided to offer Ben's favorite concession stand food- pizza, nachos and cheese, and cotton candy.Fun drink labels.I ordered the cotton candy online in clear bags and made labels. The cake. I thought it might be neat to add some Carolina argyle.Ben handing out the party favor, a basketball.


Happy Birthday Ben!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, so cute!! Where did you get the cotton candy from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I ordered the cotton candy from Papa John's peanuts. It comes in pink, blue,white and all different sizes. I think I might use it as a party favor again sometime. Here is the link- http://www.papajohnspeanuts.biz/cottoncandy/?gclid=CMPaksqwiaACFd1L5Qod82yInA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa,
    These are precious!!! What a fun birthday! I bet they all had a blast! I loved all of the crafty things you added to spice it up! (I'm taking notes!!) :)

    Ps- Tell Ben, I loved his TEAM CHOICE!!! Go Heels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a fantastic party! lots of adorable details...the net on the cake stand, the boys wearing the big shorts...GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete