Sunday, May 23, 2010

Will's 10th Birthday

I know I haven't updated in a while, but this time of year is CRAZY for me. This past Friday we celebrated Will's 10th Birthday! It was so much fun to plan and I really think everyone had a great time.

Here is the invitation that I ordered from Dimple Prints. I loved how they turned out! I love all the fun designs you can find in wrapping paper. I thought it might be neat to use some in party decor. I found the polka dot paper and napkins at Target and thought it would really make the green and orange pop. The straw container came from Hobby Lobby and I wrapped some more of the paper around it and the cake board to add some more polka dots to the decor. I cut the roll of wrapping paper in half and used it as a runner on the tables too.
A simple cake with some slime and bubbles running down the side.


I made the banner with some scrapbook paper.








The boys posing as nerds.


Making some slime.




I put all their supplies in simple brown bags. The beaker name tags came from the Dollar Tree. The candy beaker and glasses were bought after Halloween at 90% off.
The geyser tubes, instant snow mix, and slime mix, was all ordered from Steve Spangler Science. They have tons of fun experiment ideas and supplies.

Here are some videos of the party.
Making Instant Snow.


Mentos Geysers


Vinegar and Baking Soda Experiment.




2 comments:

  1. Awesome Party! :) Sure I'd love for you to share my party! Thanks for the sweet compliments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that cake! How beautiful! Must have been delicious!

    ReplyDelete